Homemade Pizza Rolls


This is really more of an idea than a recipe, it's one of those things that you can play around with and pretty much make to taste.  I'll give you the rundown of what I did to make MY homemade and baked Pizza Rolls, you take it from there. 


I used about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauted a little minced garlic along with about 1/4 of an onion (pretty finely diced) in a medium sized pot.  I had a a little bit of bell pepper left in the fridge, so it went in the pot. I added about 2 tsps. of pepper flakes. Spicy! When everything got nice and soft I added in a half jar of marina sauce and some Italian sausage (diced) I had left over in the fridge too and heated for a few minutes. Removed from heat, and,  oh look, shredded mozzarella! Just enough..... in YOU go! Added a touch of salt and that's it.



I used the large egg roll wrappers, cut them in half and place a dollop of filling on one end.  It took me a couple tries to get the right amount of filling.  I was trying to "load it up", and of course the filling oozed out of the seems. So once I found my groove, I was set to seal them up.  I dampened the edges of the pastry with water, folded over the other edge and sealed it up.  I went ahead and used the tines of a fork to crimp the edges for an extra sure seal.  Don't want that filling seeping out into the grease. It would snap, crackle and POP all over you. Youch!



Sprayed a cookie sheet with non stick spray and loaded my sheet with the rolls. Once I had them in place, I gave a little mist with cooking spray to the tops of the rolls to help brown them up. Cooked them on 375 for about 7 minutes.  Your oven may take more or less time.

 I kept a few out to fry in some oil, man those suckers brown quickkkk, so stand with them while they fry and drain on paper towel.




Baked or fried, this was a super yummy, fun and spicy snack! Serve with extra marina if you have some left over.  I am a little weird and like Ranch dressing with my pizza, so, welp, I enjoyed mine with Ranch. Nom!



 Only thing I might have done differently would be to add some powered Parmesan cheese to the tops before baking. Oh, and watch out, the filling will be HOT. Too hot to spit out and too hot too swallow. Trustthhh' me ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment