Italian Dressing Marinade





1/2 cup Worcestershire
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. black pepper
1 bottle of Italian dressing ( the size is according how many kabobs your making)
1 cup barbecue sauce
About 3 steaks (I like to use rib eyes)
veggies of your choice
Combine all your marinade ingredients. Cut your meat up for skewering, cut up your veggies of choice in about the same bite size pieces as the meat.

Reserve about 1 cup of marinade and store in fridge. (for basting as your kabobs cook)

Skewer the meat and veggies and put them in a gallon size Ziplock and pour the marinade over the skewers. I use wooden skewers, and as you can see, I did not let them soak long enough. I had to extinguish a few of them on fire, so,  don’t forget to soak the skewers in water for 15-20 minutes so they don’t burn. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.  

Grill until meat is done. mine took about 20 minutes. Basting with your reserved marinade (from the fridge). I drizzled mine so I wouldn't cross contaminate the marinade for a later basting. You don't want to brush your uncooked meat and then place the same brush back into your marinade. Cross contamination. If you'd like, you can broil these too. Keep an eye them, turning often.



 
I used mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, red and green bell pepper for my kabobs. They turned out AMAZING!!  You could really get creative here.  You could add fruit, like pineapple.  Maybe switch up the meat.  You get the idea.  Enjoy!  



No comments:

Post a Comment