Simple Peach Dumplins'

You know that wonderful 7-Up Apple Dumpling recipe that has floated around for a while now.  I'm almost certain that we ALL would agree, it's divine.  Well, I was having a stare down with some fresh peaches I had to use up before they got riper than I prefer (rotten).  It dawned on me! I said to my self, "Self, we are going to make Peach Dumplings! YES using the 7-Up Apple D. recipe! " I came, I saw, I conquered! They were delicious!

1 sticks butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
1 tube crescent rolls
1-2 fresh peaches
12 ounces of Mountain Dew (7up or Sprite work fine too) (use only half the can)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (or to taste)


Preheat your oven to 350.


Peel and slice your peaches. Now let's talk about slicing a peach, it is not as easy as an apple would be. No, you do not disassemble the peach like you would, let's say, an avocado.  The seed is stubborn and the nekked' peach is slippery. So here's how your going to do it:

1. Peel the peach. (I put the peelings in a glass of cold water and enjoy a nice fruit water, yum)
2. Run your knife all the way down to the seed and run it completely around the peach. 
3. Cut  8 segments out of the peach in a "V" cutting pattern. Slicing inward toward the seed, at angle.

The pieces will still be a little stubborn and fight to "cling" onto the seed, don't fret, YOUR the boss! If all else fails, drain a can of peaches and dry them the best you can.  You may want to use 2 of the canned peaches pieces for each dumpling. Which brings me to another note, if you would like a "peachier" dumpling (talking about your fresh peach slices), go ahead and cut 4 segments out of each peach instead of 8. That'll beef 'em up a bit!

Wrap each slice in a crescent dough triangle and place on a sprayed (greased) 9 x 13 pan.

 In a bowl, melt your butter and stir in sugar and vanilla, lightly mix . It will be grainy, don't worry, it's suppose to be like that. It will dissolve in the oven. Pour over top of the wrapped apples. Pour one-half of the can of Mountain Dew all around and sprinkle with cinnamon, and pecans for a yummy crunch.

 Place in oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Definitely try to serve warm! Oh, and don't forget the vanilla ice cream,  like I did!  #$&*!


No comments:

Post a Comment