Breakfast Grilled Cheese



Another great Pinterest find. Thank you Shannon from Simply Cooking for pinning.

We all pretty much know how to make a grilled cheese sandwich. I know this.  Why not make a breakfast grilled cheese.  I love those Breakfast Toaster Sandwiches at Sonic drive in. So, let's make our own! I just used some plain ole white bread out of my cubbard.  Seems I always throw out more Texas Toast than I eat. Well, I don't throw it out, but I do re-purpose it (croutons, breadcrumbs, bread pudding, ect), but, any ways, you make your breakfast sandwich up any way you like.  It will be just as tasty.

2 sausage patties (or bacon, even Canadian bacon)
1 egg
2 slices any kind of bread
butter
cheddar cheese, sliced

Fry your sausage until thoroughly done. Drain on paper towels and set aside. Drain the majority of your sausage grease out of the pan, leaving just enough to fry your egg.
Fry the egg. You can puncture the yolk, or not. I did puncture mine a bit.
Heat a flat griddle over medium heat. Butter one side of each piece of bread. Assemble the sandwich with the cheese, egg and sausage, buttered sides out. 

Cook until browned and carefully flip it, flip it good! (couldn't resist).

Serve immediate.

If you are making several sandwiches, you can keep the finished ones in your oven on warm to keep the cheese nice and melty.


No comments:

Post a Comment