Taco Seasoning


I went visiting...wandered over to Christy's place, you know, The Girl Who Ate Everything. While poking around, I found this recipe.. I thought to myself, "well, I don't have 4 kiddo's at home like she still does, but, I sure do like to save a buck AND a trip to the grocery store to boot".  So, I took the bait! By gawd, glad I did too! It will be used very soon to make another great recipe that both She and Ree Drummond (TPW) both have posted. Betch'ya already know which one. Yep, The Walking Taco! My future looks delicious!

I doubled the recipe for ya. Your welcome :)
2 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
3 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoon black pepper

Combine all seasoning together.  I poured mine in a glad-ware bowl, put the lid on tight and "shook it, shook REAL good" (haha).

 Store in an airtight container or, in my case, a neat shaped jar I washed and saved that I think marinated artichoke hearts came in.  I am a sucker for nifty and handy sized jar, yes, I re-use them! Oh, and I taped the measurement instructions to the under side of the lid just in case, ya know?

This batch made about 5 Tbsp. Use 2 Tbsp. for every one 1 lb. of ground meat. Guess I will probably triple the recipe next time. That way, I will for sure have plenty on hand for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment