Egg and Chorizo Breakfast Taco's-for the whole week



1 package (10 oz.) Cacique brand Beef, Pork and Soy Chorizo
8 large eggs

1/4 cup of shredded cheese, I stuck with "Mexican" style Kraft cheese
1/4 cup milk
5-6 medium sized flour tortillas (depending on how "full" you fill them, you may need more or less)
Salt and pepper to taste


In a medium-sized skillet, slowly cook chorizo for 10 minutes, breaking it apart until fully cooked (about 10 minutes). Drain off excess fat if necessary. In a medium bowl, using a fork, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the chorizo in the skillet. Scramble until fully cooked. Toss your shredded cheese immediately over the top, it will melt while you get your tortillas ready. 

You can add any other ingredients  if you want to, peppers, onions, oh, diced potatoes are really good too. Just cook them with your chorizo. Be sure and dice them pretty small. You can by all means use frozen diced potatoes too. Even simpler!

Warm your flour tortilla's, I actually toss mine on the electric burner on my stove. Watch them closely if you do, they will start smoking very quickly. I keep my burner on med-low. Toast's them just right. 

Fill your tortillas with your egg/chorizo filling. Wrap individually in saran wrap and keep in freezer or fridge.  I put 3 in the freezer and leave 2 in the fridge. When those 2 are gone, I pull from the freezer the night before. 

 Breakfast for the week, DONE! One less thing I have to worry about in the morning, I'm ALL for that. Heat in the microwave until warm and yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment