Quick and Easy Doritos Casserole


This here, well, is the quickest, easiest and by gawd tastiest casserole to hit my oven. Well, Tator Tot Casserole still holds 1st place, but you get my point. It's goood, it's easy, it goes along way and makes for some killer leftovers too. Might be a nice recipe to throw together in a disposable casserole tin and, IDK, maybe cook up a random-act-of kindness and share with a neighbor or friend??  I know they'd love it and maybe they'll pay a RAOK forward. See there, you could create an epidemic of kindness with just a simple casserole. 

I'll shut up now and get to the recipe:

1 lb. ground beef (80/20 is just right, not too much grease)
1 medium onion, diced
1 large bag of Doritos (I chose Nacho Cheese)
1 can of Rotel, opt.
2 cans of Enchilada Sauce
1 bag of shredded Cheddar Cheese


Preheat your oven to 350.

Fry up your hamburger meat and onion until cooked thoroughly, drain, add your Rotel. Set aside.

Now for the fun part. It's "crunch-time". Now, you can go about this one of two ways:

1. Load a gallon zip-loc baggie 3/4 of the way full, zip it up, and use a rolling pin or tea glass to roll over your chips.  Now don't pulverize the mess out of them, you want some nice sized pieces, not crumbs.

Or.....

2.  Just dive right in! Yes, oh yes I did! Just grab a handful of those crispies critters and smoosh away, go ahead crunch em', get aggressive. Grarrr!! Um, sorry about that, I get a little excited when I'm allowed to tell you to play with your food. Anywhoooo...

Crunch enough chips to have a pretty good layer in the bottom of your dish. I will tell you, I used about 3/4 of the whole bag of Doritos. Next, cover the chips with meat, then a nice layer of cheese (I wished I had added some black olives here :/  ), pour one can of enchilada sauce over it all. Repeat each step, except after the  final cheese step, top with more crunched Doritos, THEN pour your second can of enchilada sauce over the whole thang'. 

Bake, eh, 20-30 minutes.   Serve with sour cream, salsa, guacamole or, just el naturel'.




No comments:

Post a Comment