Mock Loaded Potato


Found this marvelous idea on, where else? Pinterest. The recipe is from gnaw.com. I will say, it was really good. I love baked potatoes, I love STUFFED baked potatoes more.

There is just something about cauliflower.  It really does simulate potato.  I grew up eating "potato pancakes", you know, when your mom would take out the day old mashed taters from the fridge, throw in an egg, a little flour and salt and pepper. Then, pour onto a griddle in pancake form. She pulled the ole slipperoo (yes it's a word) on me and boiled some cauliflower and mashed it, and added the other ingredients in potato pancake. Fried them up, and I gobbled them up. I had no idea it was cauliflower, and I loved them! Mock Potato pancakes, whoduh thunk it? Cauliflower, you sneaky little vegetable you!

 Mock Loaded Potatoes, glad I stumbled onto the recipe:

1 cup cooked cauliflower
1 teaspoon butter
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded (I made a Velveeta cheese sauce)
1 tablespoon ranch dressing or sour cream
1 strip bacon, crumbled
1 teaspoon chives

Butter and season the cauliflower. Place in an individual-serving baking dish, then top with the cheese.

Microwave or broil until the cheese is melted. Top with a dollop of daisy, I mean sour cream (or ranch dressing), bacon and chives.

Makes 1 serving.
Do not freeze

No comments:

Post a Comment