Cousin Laura's Fresh Pear Cake



What is it about Family recipes? They really do taste better than just an ol' ordinary recipe.  This recipe is from an older cousin of mine (she'll really be thrilled with my choice of adjectives, teehee). I am always tickled to get recipes from my family. Most likely, most of them have been around longer than She or I have been. That's a longggg time. I really believe in tradition and enjoy the fact that these treasured recipes will continue to be apart of my family for a very long time as Laura has 2 daughters who love to cook, and I have 2 daughters as well who love to cook....ok, 1 of mine do, the other, not so much, BUT, she is always the first one to compliment our food, especially when  her Momma makes an entire meal to drop off for her, her husband and son. She REALLY loves my cooking then. I love the praise and she loves Momma's cooking. It all works out well. Thanks for the recipe Laura Mae, I love you..... Memories taste so good!

Cake:

2 cups sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cup of olive oil
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. Cinnamon
3 cups pears, diced

Glaze:
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. milk, may need a little more

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine sugar, eggs and oil.  Beat well.

Add your flour soda and salt. Blend well.

Add your sugar one cup at a time, mixing well after each cup.

Stir in your vanilla, cinnamon and pears. Spoon batter into a well greased bundt pan pr tube pan.

Bake 1 hour. Keep an eye on it as all ovens cook different. My oven might have magical powers, because my cake was done in about 30 minutes. So, keep checking it.

Once cooled down, drizzled with your glaze.  I will tell you, I drizzled the glaze while my cake was still warm and ate a piece while still warm....Ohhhh Soooo Goooood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment