Ranch Dressing Roasted Potatoes



The easiest and yummiest idea you will find.  I have made these wonderful lil dudes for years and I actually had forgotten about this tasty idea. I was poking around the other night and decide to stop by and pay a visit to Christy at The Girl Who Ate Everything, and low and behold, there it was, the recipe my tastes buds had been yearning for... Ranch Roasted Potatoes.  I never-ever am disappointed when I leave her site. Hungry, but never disappointed. So, here's how it went down...


Some red potatoes
Ranch salad dressing dry mix (the little packet will do)
Olive oil, (Christy had a great idea, USE OLIVE OIL COOKING SPRAY)
salt


Preheat  your oven to 425.

Scrub and quarter your potatoes, don't scrub them too hard, the skin is very delicate and very tasty, don't scrub it raw!

Now, lightly drizzle some oil over your potatoes a.k.a taters, or, do it Christy's way and lightly spray with the cooking spray. No need to drown them, just give them a light coat.

Add in the Ranch dressing mix and salt. I eye-balled it at this point. I am a small family, so I cut the recipe down quite a bit. Just when I think it's jussst enough Ranch, I add a sprinkle more. Reminds me of the line from one of my all time favorite movies,  "Steel Magnolia's", you know, the part where Dolly Pardon (Truvy) is talking about a pair of fabulous shoes and claims, "In a good shoe I wear a  size 6, but a 7 feels so good that I buy a size 8"....Same theory, if a "little" tastes just right, a "tad bit more" will be even better. So far, holds to be true.

Time to toss it all together. Get everything coated and dump onto a foil lined baking pan (cookie sheet in my case), or spray your pan down with cooking spray.

Spread your potatoes out, give them some elbow room so they cook evenly.

The Girl Who Ate Everything's ending advise:
"Bake in oven until potatoes are cooked through, and edges start to turn very dark brown, approximately 20-25 minutes. To check to see if they are done, pierce one of the larger pieces of potato with a fork to see if it is soft."

I know you will ENJOY!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment