Pan Fried Chicken Livers



1 pound chicken livers
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
a sprinkle of cayenne pepper (optional)
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Rinse the chicken livers in cool water, pat dry, and cut into bite-size pieces. Okay, that's the "polite way", ya know.. to cut them into "bite size piece"..... I'll be quite honest with y'all, I cook those suckers whole, and since I'm being honest, eat 'em with my fingers sometimes too. I'll own it! 
 Place livers in a seal-able plastic bag, (the only kind I know of is a zip-lock baggie) together with flour, salt, pepper, paprika, and, if your feeling spicy, the cayenne pepper too.

Shake real good, don't shake the fire out of them, but give them a good waller around.. until well coated with flour mixture.

Now, you sure want to let your breaded livers REST for about 4-5 minutes. This allows the moisture from the meat to grasp onto that flour mixture and allows your breading to "set-up" so that when you drop them into your oil, the flour doesn't scatter, spitter, sputter and splatter. (Apply this tip to any type of food your breading). Trust me.
Heat the oil in an iron skillet, arrange the livers in the skillet so that they are not touching one another. Give them some elbow room. 
Fry on one side until lightly browned, about 3 minutes, then flip 'em, to brown on the other side. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.

Serve immediately. I like mine with Ranch dressing! Is there any other way??

Note~you most certainly can use your deep fryer, when they float, they're done! (about 4-5 minutes on 325 works well with my fryer).

My mothering moment:   when frying any type of foods, please use moderation. Fried food is good, yummy, tasty, crunchy and yes, finger-lickin-good, all the time! By all means, I want you to enjoy your fried treats, but I want you to use your noggin' and think of it as just that, a treat, not a habit. I am blessing your heart! Bless your little ole heart!
Okay,  okay, I'll shush and leave you with this....Enjoy! (IN MODERATION.....sorry, it slipped :)

No comments:

Post a Comment