Jalapeno Poppers


20 Jalapenos
 8 oz package of cream cheese, room temp. or microwave in 10 second intervals (you may need more cream cheese depending on the size of your peppers)
1 1/2 cups of Monterrey Jack or Pepper Jack for extra spice (shredded)
12 slices of  bacon 
toothpicks

 Here’s how you do it:

 Slice off the tops each pepper–don’t cut in half Now de-seed the peppers (using gloves!! As the oils from the peppers will absorb into your skin and  WILL BURN YOU! FOR SEVERAL HOURS, speaking from experience)

 Blend cream cheese and shredded cheese.

 Try using a zip-loc baggie as a piping tool, just fill the baggie, squeeze the air out, twist the top and secure with a rubber band or twistie. Now snip a tiny end off the  bottom corner. Now, fill each pepper with your cheese blend. ( I use this same technique when I make deviled eggs).

 Wrap each pepper with a slice of uncooked bacon, secure with a toothpick. I place the little tops back on the pepper.

Place on grill, allow all sides to cook thoroughly, OR, bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes (depending on the size of your peppers)

 Remember this is bacon, so it needs to be fully cooked.

Note~ I have used my muffin tin to stand a couple of the peppers in each cup, less cheese oozes out. :)

I've also made these with cream cheese only. Just as delicious.

3 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to make these myself. I think I am fixing to go to the grocery store and fix these.(: I love how you have pictures and your comments/advise along witht these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will not regret it! I promise you.They are so yummy. I may have forgot to mention that I blanch my peppers (after cleaning them out)in boiling water for about 5 minutes before filling. It seems to soften them up a little better before cooking. Let me know how you liked them, I mean, loved them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome, we love um. Making with the peppers whole are better than cutting in half.
    Going to make a batch for the Super Bowl (if not sooner)!

    ReplyDelete