Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies



I ran across this scrumptious recipe totally by accident, I was surfing around looking at home decor ideas and low and behold, I got lucky! A two-for-one I guess you could say. The Ironstone Nest is a very quaint  place to visit.  Take a peek yourself.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2 cups butter (softened)
2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 1/2 cups flour
1 jar (10 oz.) maraschino cherries (chopped small)
12 oz. mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Cream the butter.  Beat in the powdered sugar, vanilla and salt.  Gradually add the flour and continue to beat until well combined.  Batter will be slightly dry.  Stir in the chopped cherries, pecans and miniature chocolate chips.

I use a melon baller to scoop the cookies into small, silver dollar sized cookies.  Then I also give them one little "pat" with the back of the scoop once they're on the cookie sheet.

They go into the oven at 350 degrees for about 11 minutes, depending on your oven.  Be sure to keep an eye on them.